Thursday 9 April 2009

Not been around for a while - I am radioactive

I have not been able to post on my blogs for a while.

The reason is I have been ill with one thing and another. I am currently radio-active until later tonight due to the fact I had to have a bone scan done. This came as a complete shock as on Monday morning a breast care nurse telephoned me and asked if I had ever had one. When I gave her my hospital number which I know off by heart the number of times I have been there she checked and said "you have never had a bone scan".

On Tuesday morning I received a telephone call informing me that one had been arranged for the following day (yesterday). She went into great detail about needles and from that moment on I could not take in anything else she said. The reason is I have a fear of needles. I had no idea I had this fear until I went with someone to hospital to have a baby it was while they were cross matching her blood two nurses were carrying me out of the room as when I had seen the needle I had fainted.

So now I look away or tend to cope with the situations as best as possible.

I am feeling much better now thanks to friends who have supported me through this horrid ordeal.

I haven't felt my usual self for a while now but am starting to get back on my feet.

I am so glad I have my writing which I nearly gave up on thanks to one of my illnesses virtually taking over.

I will post my positive thoughts on my other blog in a moment but that is the current update for now.

Best wishes

Fee

1 comment:

  1. Dear Joannah

    Thank you so much for your lovely comment.

    Best wishes to you.

    Love

    Feex

    ReplyDelete