Friday 14 August 2009

Organisation or lack of it

I went to the hospital for yet another appointment. I had been waiting for this one since the 27th February.

I was examined by the registrar only to be informed that as it is so long ago since I had my internal scan done in February that I now have to wait for another appointment to come through the post and have the scan. If they had looked through my notes prior to seeing me they would have realised I needed another internal scan and it may have been possible to arrange it for today but never mind. Just another waiting game.

I am in a catch 22 situation. I have adhesions on my bowel and if I do have an ovarian cyst which needs operating on these adhesions will be affected. They do not want to carry out any more surgery than is necessary as this will increase the adhesions which are scar tissue.

They cannot remove the adhesions as if they do more will form in the place. I therefore have to live with the condition.

It is fingers crossed that the scan will be clear and that no further surgical intervention is needed.

So I am back in the waiting game.

At least I am keeping myself busy. October looms with various conferences in London to attend.

I have lots to keep me occupied for now so that I can take my mind off my health worries.

Feeling tired today not really surprised.

I am looking forward to tomorrow.

Best wishes

Fee

No comments:

Post a Comment